Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank You's and Updates

We have succeeded in all the donation streams thus far. I would like to thank everyone who went to the OxyCleanStreams and donated from the 2 cents and beyond, and just being there to support everyone within the 36 hour stream of hell. They do take a lot out of you >>"

We have been succeeding very well for the first 2 BIG streams so far, and we aren't sopping there. THe next BIG donation stream Will be starting on Friday September 18, 2009. This donation is for helping out ze aminals and we have yet to figure out which charity we will be supporting. In honor of the animals, we will be playing games with animal support. Examples are Sly Cooper, Sonic, etc.

That aside, I wish to talk about the main reason why I am making this entry..

September...technically a fresh start to a year (minus New Years of course) and I want to start out fresh myself. As many people allready notice by now, but it is REAL hard to get in conact with me internet wise and that I haven't been on as much as I normally have been. There is a simple reason for this.

I am trying my best to stay clear from the addicting drug that is the internet. It sounds impossible, but I know that I am able to pull it off. I have a goal set for me by May 2010, and in order for me to keep it, I must stay away from the internet...at least for a few months. It is distracting and I lose track of time whenever I'm on it. It is a problem and this would be the only solution. I'm also missing out on a lot of things because I shackled myself to the computer and exploring the internet. I'm starting to want to do other things, explore, and just try to find myself I guess.

I've been nothing but a pain in the butt to many people and since I haven't gone to a single family event this summer, and frankly...I'M BORED!!!

So, in order to fix this, I am planning on roaming around for a bit, do different things, and try to change for the better. I'm sure that my goal will be met, and I will indeed attend the streams that our group will be holding. I will attempt to be on during the weekends and once in a while on the weekdays so I don't go "Cold Turkey" from the internet and go thru withdrawl. Frankly, I like it this way. That way, people can still get to me, and I can actually do what I WANT to do.

So yeah...that's all I have to say. Take care all! See ya later! X3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know this feeling and have felt like the internet was consuming my life as well, and I finally figured out a balance! I also was missing events, ignoring some school work, and even beginning to lose track of some of my friends , and then I saw what was happening and I needed to fix it. I then took every opportunity I had and thought, do I enjoy doing this? Can I do it later? Can the internet wait? And that was it, of course the internet can wait, nothing's going away! This is when I found a balance in spending time with the people I care about most (and making myself a happier person) and keeping the internet still in my everyday life! Now, just because this worked for me, doesn't mean it works for everyone, but I suggest you try. Either way, I wish you the best!

PSI Brainshock said...

Way to go Skye ^-^ I can't quit the internet. Not that I have anything important like you. ^-^ Well, I wish you the best, on what you're doing now, and for the future stream(Which I will be watching =D)

Post a Comment